RSMIN Community Heritage Wiki
RSMIN Commmunity Heritage Wiki
The Red Sky Métis Independent Nation (RSMIN) Community Heritage Wiki (CHW) features historical information that has been researched and curated by the RSMIN community. The CHW is supported by an RSMIN project called Bring It Forward, with goals to capture and preserve the community’s history in a searchable and editable database. The CHW contains a compilation of summaries of original documents, reports and people. Additionally, the CHW includes traditional knowledge information including interviews with RSMIN citizens, elders and other people involved with the community. The CHW also captures oral transmission of stories, histories, lessons and other knowledge in a way that can be preserved for many years to come.
Currently the contributors and editors are directly working with the RSMIN community through project initiatives in order to set the ground work and develop a useful, well-researched database. Plans are being developed to fully become a collaborative source of historical data. Currently the public is encouraged to submit changes, stories and any new relevant data, (see How to Submit Changes and New Stories ). The current editors working with RSMIN will review and curate any additional information submitted.
The Red Sky Métis Independent Nation (RSMIN) Community Heritage Wiki (CHW) editors have organized the collected data under six categories.
• Library – For when you want to see everything CHW contains.
• Important People – Collection of names and lists of people of relevance to the RSMIN community and its heritage.
• Historical Timeline – Significant dates and events, chronologically listed.
• Online History Book – This is the history and heritage which belong to the community of RSMIN. This is currently a work in progress and will be available once the book is made public.
• Important Places – Places listed with relevance to the RSMIN community and their heritage.
• Bulletin Board – Special notes, messages and announcements for the readers, editors and curators of the CHW.